You may not be aware that you are under stress if you do not notice the sometimes-subtle emotional and physical changes that result. Is stress playing a role in your life? Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I find it hard to relax and have fun?
- Am I easily irritated?
- Do I find it hard to sleep at night?
- Do I feel overburdened by responsibility?
- Do I experience upset stomach or indigestion?
- Am I anxious all the time?
- Do I feel like crying for no reason at all?
- Have I lost interest in relationships or sex?
- Do I have an increased desire to smoke, drink, or use drugs?
- Am I unable to concentrate in school or perform my job adequately?
If you answered yes to more than one question above, you may be suffering from stress. Find out what stress is, why, and how it is harmful, and what you can do to cope with it.