Eta Sigma Gamma, is the national Health Science/ Health Education honor society. Rutgers University established the Epsilon Beta Chapter in 2008. The objectives of Eta Sigma Gamma are to promote and provide education, service, and research across the wide spectrum of health areas.
Eligible students must meet the following requirements in order to join:
• Be a Public Health major or minor
• Have one or more semesters as a major or minor in Public Health
• A GPA of 3.0 in Public Health courses and an overall GPA of 3.0
Membership in Eta Sigma Gamma provides members with experiences that complement students’ education and fosters career goals. “Real-world-experience” is increasingly important in today’s competitive job market. Here are some opportunities that active membership in Eta Sigma Gamma will provide:
• Practical teaching experience outside the classroom
• Enhanced leadership skills
• Fostering organizational skills
• Improved social skills
• Enriched verbal and written communication skills
Eta Sigma Gamma also provides grant opportunities, scholarships and travel assistance as well as a wide network of professionals in Health Education throughout the country. Members are asked to take an active role in contributing knowledge and skills to the task of providing health promotion and health education services to those in need. The faculty sponsors of the Epsilon Beta Chapter is Francesca M. Maresca, PhD.
Officers for the 2015-2016 Academic Year
President: Nirajana Tripathy
Vice-President: Omna Syed
Treasurer: Shivum Gohil